Established in 1997, The Cheshire Horse is a family-run business located in Swanzey, New Hampshire, with a partner store in Saratoga Springs, New York. We are New England's source for horse, pet, and farm supplies. We also offer a wide range of products for purchase on our website and our eBay store. Our expansive inventory and continued focus on personalized customer service and convenience brings people from throughout the Northeast to see all that we have to offer.
Full-Time Stocking Position - Swanzey, NH
Must be energetic and detail-oriented. Responsibilities include stocking, organizing back stock, checking in orders, inventory maintenance work, and routinely lifting 50lbs. Excellent benefit package and competitive pay. Please apply in person; ask for Chris.
Part-Time Warehouse Position - Swanzey, NH
Must be friendly and enjoy helping customers. Job requires routinely lifting 50lbs and a valid driver’s license. Future opportunity to move to full-time. Please apply in person; ask for Chris.
Lifestyle Feed Sales Specialist, The Cheshire Horse & Purina Mills - New Hampshire
The Lifestyle Feed Sales Specialist will work with The Cheshire Horse and Purina Mills to increase sales volume and market share in a targeted market area. Responsible for the sales and maintenance of assigned accounts. Frequent travel is required.
- Develop and implement a territory growth plan that aligns with sales expectations
- Conduct and track a minimum of six organized farm calls per day unless attending a scheduled selling event or meeting
- Organize and conduct effective events to increase brand awareness, build store traffic, and increase sales volume
- Develop a business-to-business relationship with influential animal owners, key service providers, and club leaders
- Sell non-competing products offered by The Cheshire Horse (e.g. tack, stable supplies, fencing, bedding, hay)
- Submit regular reports to supervisor and partner dealers, and participate in quarterly performance reviews
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Two-three years sales experience required
- Knowledge of large animal nutrition preferred
- Daily travel in assigned geography required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs required
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.